Cross-Country, Downhill & Snowshoeing Weekend
Friday 24 to Sunday 26 January, 2020
Stoneham, Québec – our destination for 2020! Downhill skiing and snowshoeing at your door. Cross-country skiing and more snowshoeing at two fabulous centres: Camp Mercier and Les Sentiers du Moulin!
We will be staying at Stoneham Resort; with breakfasts Saturday and Sunday served to us in the Resort’s dining room and a buffet–style dinner on Saturday also in the dining room. Happy Hour on Saturday with a coupon for a beverage is also included. Rooms are double occupancy so let us know who your roommate will be or we can assign people to share a room. There is a spa on site if you wish to use it (fees not included) so bring your bathing suit.
On Saturday, our bus will take us to Camp Mercier (about 35 minute drive) which has 60 linear km of cross-country ski trails divided between 48 km classic and 12 km skate-skiing and 30 linear km of snowshoeing trails, a snack bar, rental shop and waxing room. For maps and descriptions of the trails look at www.sepaq.com/rf/lau/camp-mercier/.
Sunday, our bus will transport us to one of our favourite places, Les Sentiers du Moulin (about 25 minute drive), near Lac Beauport, which offers 38 linear km of cross-country ski trails and 18 linear km of snowshoe trails. Get all the details at www.sentiersdumoulin.com.
Of course, there is downhill skiing at Stoneham for those so inclined. Look at www.ski-stoneham.com for all the options.
Our bus will take us from Montreal to Stoneham Resort and stay with us all weekend to transport us to Camp Mercier and Les Sentiers du Moulin.
– Return transportation to Stoneham Resort by luxury bus.
– Accommodation for two nights, double occupancy at Stoneham Resort. Each room has a refrigerator for your lunch items.
– Breakfast served to us in the dining-room on Saturday and Sunday.
– Dinner with three options served buffet-style on Saturday in the dining-room.
– Happy Hour on Saturday from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. You will be given a coupon entitling you to one beverage: a beer, glass of wine or soft drink.
– All taxes.
– Gratuities for meals only.
– Lunches on Saturday and Sunday. You can bring your own lunch or eat at Camp Mercier or Les Sentiers du Moulin.
– Gratuities for accommodation.
– Trail fees: We will arrange to collect trail fees on the bus on Saturday and Sunday for cross-country skiing and snowshoeing so please bring small bills and change for these fees.
– Lift tickets for downhill skiing: You are on your own to purchase lift tickets.
$350 if purchased by December 20, 2019, $370 if prepaid online after this date. Non-members must also purchase an RA membership.
For the $350 rate, trip must be purchased online by Friday, December 20, 2019. Once all available rooms are filled, additional registrations will be placed on a waiting list. See Buying and Selling trips for additional info.
Note concerning the rental of equipment:
If you need to rent equipment, we suggest you do so in Montreal as the choice may be limited at the centres.
From the southwest corner of Atwater and St. Catherine Streets in Montreal at 6:00 p.m. sharp on Friday, January 24, 2020. Travel time is about three hours. We will not stop for dinner or to buy food on Friday so it is recommended to eat dinner before boarding the bus or bring food on the bus to eat. On Sunday for the return trip, we will depart Stoneham Resort at 5:20 p.m. and make a quick stop en route to pick up food to eat on the bus.
Space is limited for another great RA Winter Sports Weekend, so register as soon as possible!
Please send a message to the Club e-mail: (firstname.lastname@example.org) for Susan Harris, the weekend coordinator, should you have any questions.