Cross-Country and Downhill Skiing & Snowshoeing Weekend
Mont Sainte-Anne, QC
Friday, January 25 – Sunday, January 27, 2019
Cross-country skiing on the best trails in North America, fantastic downhill skiing at your door and marvelous snowshoe trails, too – all at world-famous Mont Sainte-Anne, Québec.
We will be staying at Château Mont Saint-Anne with breakfasts Saturday and Sunday, as well as dinner on Saturday, prepared for us. Rooms will be double occupancy, so tell us who your roommate will be or we can assign people to share a room. Check out the Château’s web site at www.chateaumontsainteanne.com/en/hotel/chateau-studios to see the rooms.
For descriptions of the cross-country ski trails, snowshoe options and downhill trails, look at mont-sainte-anne.com There are over 200 km of cross-country ski trails including 191 km for skating stride. Snowshoeing offers over 30 km of trails at the base of Mont Ste-Anne and another 37 km at the Cross-Country Ski Centre. Downhill skiers have 71 trails to choose from with 4 snow parks as well spread over three mountains and after sundown, if you have any energy left, 19 trails remain floodlit. Wow! What choice!
Our Bell Horizon bus will take us from Montreal to Mont Sainte-Anne and stay with us all weekend to transport us to the Mont Ste-Anne Cross-Country Ski Centre for cross-country skiing and for snowshoeing. In addition to trails for all levels of skiers, the Centre has an indoor waxing area, cafeteria and boutique for shopping.
Downhill skiing is right out the door of the Château at Mont Sainte-Anne.
Saturday evening there will be a cocktail hour with a twist – RA will provide the munchies but you BYOB, bring your own refreshment, i.e. wine, beer, other, soft drinks, etc.
* Return transportation to Mont Saint-Anne by luxury bus.
* Accommodation for two nights, double occupancy at Château Mont Sainte-Anne, in Château Studio style rooms. Each room has a kitchenette with dishes, three-burner stove, microwave, mini-fridge and toaster.
* Breakfast (buffet-style) on Saturday and Sunday at Le Beauregard, Château Mont Sainte-Anne.
* Dinner with several options served to us on Saturday at the Bistro Nordik, Château Mont Sainte-Anne.
* Munchies at our Cocktail Reception Saturday in our private room at Château Mont Sainte-Anne from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. (drinks are BYOB).
* All taxes and gratuities.
* Lunches on Saturday and Sunday. You can bring your own lunch or eat at the cafeteria at the Cross-Country Ski Centre or the downhill centre.
* Trail fees: We will arrange to collect trail fees on the bus on Saturday and Sunday for cross-country skiing and snowshoeing, so please bring small bills and change for these fees.
* Lift tickets for downhill skiing: You are on your own to purchase lift tickets.
Cost: $348 if payment is received by December 21, 2018, $368 if after that date. Non-members must add $25 for membership in RA.
Registration Deadline: For the $348 rate, payment must be received by Sunday, December 21, 2018. Once all available rooms are filled, additional registrations will be placed on a waiting list.
Note respecting the rental of equipment: If you need to rent equipment, we suggest you do so in Montreal, as the choice may be limited at the centres.
Departure Time: From the southwest corner of Atwater and St. Catherine Streets in Montreal at 6:00 p.m. sharp on Friday, January 25, 2019.
Travel time is about three hours. We will not stop for dinner or to buy food on Friday, so it is recommended to eat dinner before boarding the bus or to bring food on the bus to eat. On Sunday for the return trip, we will depart the Château at 5:15 p.m. and make a quick stop en route to pick up food to eat on the bus.
Sign up now so you don’t miss all the fun!
Contact: Please leave a message on the Club voice mail (514-359-6781) for Susan Harris, the weekend coordinator, should you have any questions.